DATE OF BIRTH: 12/24/1946
DATE OF DEATH: 1/24/1989
CAUSE OF DEATH: EXECUTION; ELECTRIC CHAIR
Ted Bundy was finally executed in Florida after numerous murders of young women in Washington, Utah, Colorado and Florida. This suave soft spoken man seemed approachable to most women and easily lured them in with his charms. Escaping from his captors twice this man is an intelligent being. Soulless but intelligent. He also aided in the investigation into the “Green River Killer” case.
- May 1973: Unknown hitchhiker, Tumwater, Washington area. Confessed to Bob Keppel before Bundy’s execution. No remains found.
- January 4: “Joni Lenz” (18, survived). University of Washington first-year student who was bludgeoned in her bed as she slept.
- February 1: Lynda Ann Healy (21). Bludgeoned while asleep and abducted from the house she shared with other University of Washington co-eds.
- March 12: Donna Gail Manson (19). Abducted while walking to a jazz concert on the Evergreen State College campus, Olympia, Washington. Bundy confessed to her murder, but her body was never found.
- April 17: Susan Elaine Rancourt (18). Disappeared as she walked across Ellensburg’s Central Washington State College campus at night.
- May 6: Roberta Kathleen “Kathy” Parks (22). Vanished from Oregon State University in Corvallis while walking to another dorm hall to have coffee with friends.
- June 1: Brenda Carol Ball (22). Disappeared from the Flame Tavern in Burien, Washington.
- June 11: Georgeann Hawkins (18). Disappeared from behind her sorority house, Kappa Alpha Theta, at the University of Washington.
- July 14: Janice Ann Ott (23) and Denise Marie Naslund (19). Abducted several hours apart from Lake Sammamish State Park in Issaquah, Washington.
- September 2: Unknown teenage hitchhiker. Idaho. Confessed before his execution. No remains found.
- October 2: Nancy Wilcox (16). Disappeared in Holladay, Utah. Her body was never found.
- October 18: Melissa Smith (17). Vanished from Midvale, Utah, after leaving a pizza parlor.
- October 31: Laura Aime (17). Disappeared from a Halloween party at Lehi, Utah.
- November 8: Carol DaRonch (survived). Escaped from Bundy by jumping out from his car in Murray, Utah.
- November 8: Debra “Debi” Kent (17). Vanished from the parking lot of a school in Bountiful, Utah, hours after DaRonch escaped from Bundy. Shortly before his execution, Bundy confessed to investigators that he dumped Kent at a site near Fairview, Utah. An intense search of the site produced one human bone—a knee cap—which matched the profile for someone of Kent’s age and size. DNA testing has not been attempted.
Bundy is a suspect in the murder of Carol Valenzuela, who disappeared from Vancouver, Washington, on August 2, 1974. Her remains were discovered two months later south of Olympia, Washington, along with those of an unidentified female.
- January 12: Caryn Campbell (23). Campbell, a Michigan nurse, vanished between her hotel lounge and room while on a ski trip with her fiancé in Snowmass, Colorado.
- March 15: Julie Cunningham (26). Disappeared while on her way to a nearby tavern in Vail, Colorado. Bundy confessed to investigators that he buried Cunningham’s body near Rifle, Garfield County, Colorado, but a search did not produce remains.
- April 6: Denise Oliverson (25). Abducted while bicycling to visit her parents in Grand Junction, Colorado. Bundy provided details of her murder, but her body was never found.
- May 6: Lynette Culver (13). Snatched from a school playground at Alameda Junior High School in Pocatello, Idaho. Her body was never found.
- June 28: Susan Curtis (15). Disappeared while walking alone to the dormitories during a youth conference at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah. Her body was never found.
Bundy is a suspect in the murder of Melanie Suzanne “Suzy” Cooley, who disappeared April 15, 1975, after leaving Nederland High School in Nederland, Colorado. Her bludgeoned and strangled corpse was discovered by road maintenance workers on May 2, 1975, in nearby Coal Creek Canyon. Gas receipts place Bundy in nearby Golden, Colorado, the day of the Cooley abduction. The Jefferson County, Colorado, Sheriff’s Office has classified the Melanie Cooley murder as a cold case.
- January 15: Lisa Levy (20), Margaret Bowman (21), Karen Chandler (survived), Kathy Kleiner Deshields (survived). The Chi Omega killings, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida.
- January 15: Cheryl Thomas (survived). Bludgeoned in her bed, eight blocks away from the Chi Omega Sorority house.
- February 9: Kimberly Leach (12), kidnapped from her junior high school in Lake City, Florida. She was raped, murdered and discarded in Suwannee River State Park in Florida.